Monday, November 17, 2014

Just Being a Housewife

{From the archives of Connie's letters, Nov, 2013}

Well i have put a few things away .Starting slowly to get back into my regular schedule..My family did the dishes before they all headed out for home..i used paper plates..and my best silverware that is gold.. i told my guests that i was using my best gold ware because i was using paper plates and it wud all balance out..i dont know where the logic is there ..but ...well ..it didnt take long to wash the dishes..well for the rest of this evening i want to make some notes for next few days..and next week..I love to get all of my cook books out and decide things to make..i have a quilt that needs to be repaired..i am looking forward to doing some hand sewing..in the evenings..I heard a story about an old woman who was almost 100 yrs old who was making biscuits at her table just an hour before she died..love connie

 
* Order Connie's book, "Dear Kitchen Saints," available on Amazon. It is autobiographical and tells the beautiful story of her marriage testimony!* 


5 comments:

Gentle Joy said...

What a lot you pack into a paragraph! I enjoyed reading it. :) Thank you.

CynthiaJSwenson said...

I want to make biscuits one hour before I die! lol Inspiring post!

Unknown said...

I am finding more and more examples of women I want to be like when I grow up! Now I can add 'biscuit baker until the end' to my list!
Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

lovely blog!

JES said...

Thank you for sharing your homemaking inspiration each week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! It is a blessing to us :)