Monday, July 18, 2016

Financial Matters

Connie's Kitchen
 



{From the Archives of Connie's Letters. October 2009.}



Ya know when Jim first got healed we were 2 accidents going some place. . Every day I wondered will he rob me of all of our money and take off again?   The Lord told me he was healed but man I wavered back and forth.  I had been left over 30 times with nothing. . and had lived through nightmares. . Now I am to believe we are okay?

Well yeah miracles happen like that.   Still I was afraid.  Well we kept our check book in a desk drawer. The minute Jim left for work in the mornings I would go look in the desk drawer to see if the check book was still there. . .and it was. . . But I got so sick of the devil trying to make me fearful.   I hated it, and yet every morning I checked my desk drawer. . . Again and again each morning. . .checking.  I felt like a slave to fear.

One morning as Jim sat with me drinking coffee before he went to work,  I went to the drawer and got out the check book and handed it to Jim. . . I said "Hey Honey, why don't you take the check book to work with ya, just in case you need something.". . He said, "Why should I?  I don't need to buy anything.".. I said, "Well take it anyway.". . . I was calling the devil out on it.  Later I said, "Well okay then, don't take it.". . I laid the check book out in plain sight on the table.  And to my surprise, just before Jim went to work, he said,"I think I will take it," and he put it in his back pocket.

Well I began to sweat bullets ..and did all day..But Jim came home after work with the check book still in his back pocket.  After that I gave Jim full control over the bills.  . He made mistakes with the money, he hadn't been in charge of the money before so he had to learn how much to spend it on what, And he learned to be wise . . and for 26 years he took care of the bills wisely.   A few years before he died, he paid off a loan on the house.  He always kept current with the bills.  He even left a lil savings for me.  He turned out to be a good man.  . . An honest man.

Yesterday was his Birthday.  He would have been 69 years old, Or I mean 69 years young. . He was always young to me. . . always my boyfriend...He was full of adventure.  I had to run to keep up with him.  My marriage was a hell of a ride.  But I  wouldn't have missed it for the World.

And Papa used to say to anyone who would listen, "if it wasn't for that lil girl over there praying for me, I would have died under a bridge. . she saved my life through her prayers.". . And I thank God I was able to be used of God like that.  God did reward me many times over. . .

Love Connie





 * Order Connie's book, "Dear Kitchen Saints," available on Amazon. It is autobiographical - all about homemaking and family life. It also tells the beautiful story of her marriage testimony!* 




5 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow. This is my first time to your blog and you have made an impression on me with this post. I am now compelled to go back and read the history.
:) gwingal

Lori said...

Connie, I love hearing how the Lord used you to reach your husband. Now days most wives would not stay, but you did and it shows it can be done through prayer. Thank you for sharing with Thankful Thursdays.

Kelly Smith said...

Wow! I love the way you not only trusted God but demonstrated that trust through your actions. I am such a control freak, so this really spoke to me. Visiting from #faithfilledfriday

bj said...

My first time here thru Rattlebridge.....I'll be back. :)

Anonymous said...

I bought Dear Kitchen Saints and received it one week ago today. Normally, when I read a new book that draws me in, I read through because I cannot put it down. But your book. Had the same effect, but the presence of the Holy Spirit while reading made it only possible to read 2-5 (and for anyone who doesn't have this book, all chapters are short) chapters a day, because what felt like a sudden fatigue would sweep over me. It was the Holy Spirit. I have been changed for God's glory.