Friday, August 7, 2020

Faith and Homemaking



Connie's Kitchen


{From the Archives of Connie's Letters. May 23, 2012.}


 Ya know Mary L., my mentor, was so spiritual. .  . She spent
a lot of time laying face down before Jesus' feet praying. . . She was a great woman of prayer. . . And through her I met a lot of women of prayer.  I do feel a great urgency to talk to you about spiritual things, along with the homemaking spirit. 


 I think we need to know our way around the spiritual realm too. . . Things seem to get worse by the day for our country.  We need to
be strong in the Lord and in His power.  I remember when Jim was first saved and we were trying to make it as a family.  I felt so absolutely lost. I know some of you feel that way too. . I hear ya. 


Well anyway, Mary L. started these classes called, "The Philosophy of Womanhood." We ladies would get together at Mary's house every week and listen to a tape. Then we had worksheets to do each class too. . . Every week I felt washed in the Word of God.  I wouldn't be here today, I don't think, had I not had those tapes. 

Well then later on a friend copied these tapes for me and I listened to them every day here at home.  I wore the tapes out.  I would have 2 tape recorders going: one in the kitchen on homemaking, and one in the living room on faith.  So I could hear the recordings all over the house at different times.  And that's what it is all about. . . Faith and homemaking. . . It isn't all homemaking and it isn't all Faith.  They have to go together.  And Mary L. loved her homemaking and her family.  She loved her dishes and enjoyed having folks over for a meal. She would make wonderful recipes.

She was sick for just a short while before she died at, I think, 78 years old.  But right up to the end she was cooking and cleaning, ironing and sewing.

 Russ, her husband,  still goes to work every day. . . He is 84, I think.  But when she was alive, they lived like they did in their 40's or 50's.  Every day they got up at 4:30.  Mary fixed Russ's lunch for work and a big breakfast.  While Russ was at work, Mary was at home doing her homemaking. Mary said when she would get mad at Russ, she would tell Jesus about it. . And she said the Lord would say to her, "Mary, do you have all of Russ's laundry done? Do you have all of the buttons sewn on his work shirts? And are they ironed?"  Mary was so sweet.   I sure do miss her.
 
Love Connie



{Note from the administrator: This writing has been gleaned from the archives of Connie's letters. Find out more about the posts on this blog by reading this introduction. }






* Order Connie's book, "Dear Kitchen Saints," available on Amazon. It is autobiographical and tells the beautiful story of her marriage testimony! You will be encouraged in old time homemaking.* 





















1 comment:

SheLaughs said...

Any idea what those tapes were? I wonder if they're available somewhere.