Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Adventures of Being a Wife



Connie's Kitchen


{From the Archives of Connie's Letters. May 16, 2011.}


(Part 1)

Why do we think that we should have a perfect marriage that goes along with the world without a hitch?

 Really, the Bible says that we as wives should sacrifice as Christ did on the cross. . . And the husband too is to be as Christ to the wife. . . He is as the priest of the home.  We are to become one with our husbands and one in Christ. . . And that don't come overnight.  

Jim and I really never understood each other or communicated very well in the flesh.  But in the area of faith we moved freely. . . We saw many miracles. . . Not that Jim was religious, but he seemed to understand faith for the impossible.  He pushed me in the spirit to believe and I pushed him. . . I feel I have a lot to say on this, but to put it into words?  I followed Jim. . . And even now, as he went to Heaven, I seem to want to follow him. . . Well I do follow him.  I loved him in the spirit. . . And my spirit is always with him.

We weren't perfect. . . We saw in part dimly, but in heaven we will see it all clearly.  Jim used to sing this old song.  Here are the words:  "My Prayer is to linger with you. . .At the end of the day. . . for as long as we live."  I have been singing this song this morning.  I am sure Jim hears me.  Jim always said I saved his life.   And the truth is, he saved mine too. . . We were called for each other. . .


(Part 2)


I hear many women say, "Well, I married the wrong guy.  No wonder it didn't turn out right."  But God hates divorce . . . The Lord says to stay with the one you are married to.  Why do we think our marriages have to be perfect to be blessed? We are called as helpers to each other. . . To fit into each other. . .  to fit into God's plan for our lives.  

Out of my marriage to Jim, I became a Titus 2 mother. . . Jim became a loving, endearing father.  We pushed and pulled on each other's spirit for many years.   The bottom dropped out many times. We had to believe for the possible out of impossibilities. But it was good for us.  God called us, to tell us,"All things are possible to those who CAN BELIEVE."

We were called to live out a life of miracles.  The hard times are when we learn to use spiritual muscles we forgot we had. . . Reading books on faith is a good thing.  But you can't learn how to use faith until you have to.  

I think the message here is, "All is well."  All things work together for good to those who love God, and are called according to His purpose. . . Also, "be sure to dance with whoever brought ya."


Love Connie



{Note from the administrator: This writing has been gleaned from the archives of Connie's letters. Find out more about the posts on this blog by reading this introduction. }






* Order Connie's book, "Dear Kitchen Saints," available on Amazon. It is autobiographical and tells the beautiful story of her marriage testimony! You will be encouraged in old time homemaking.* 





















2 comments:

Elizabeth Smith Graham said...

This is on of the best books I've ever read. Connie is an inspiration. When I started to read, I couldn't get past the folksy colloquialisms but once I did, I found myself on a spiritual journey that has helped me to make sense of my life, as a wife and mother and as child of the most high, living God. I was sad to learn that I am reading this book after Connie's passing. The picture on the front of the book tells me much about what a fun person she was, and at the same time a seeker of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mrs. White said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Elizabeth! I am thankful to hear you enjoyed Connie's book and finding it helpful. God bless you!